There is a brave new URD out there, and it has just become version 1.9.
There is quite a substantial changelog this time including a couple of usability improvements, style updates, bug fixes, and a few new features.
The main changes are:
- Browse pages add more data when scrolling to the end of the page
- Updated the way previews are shown is user interface
- par2 (correcting incomplete downloads) now also works when the archive files have been renamed
- Store Usenet server password encrypted in the database
- Ajaxified the preferences and configuration pages
- Preferences will now be automatically saved after editing
Also notice that URD does not support versions of php before 5.3.0 anymore.
Other changes are:
- Updated smarty to 3.1.14
- Updated jquery to version 1.10.2
- Made challenge verification (XSS prevention) optional
- Changed the order of downloads and uploads in the overview
- Updated some extsetdata types
- Updated style of message bar, moved it to bottom and bigger with border
- Added rating to spots overview
- Enabled displaying extset information for Spots
- Added next/previous buttons to page skipper
- Installer can now handle the case where the only one user can exist in the database
- Password changes include a check for weak passwords
- Password creation in installer include a check for weak passwords
- Changed style of installer to light
- Changed darkness theme to blueish
- Ajaxified admin/log
- Rewrote registration and forgot password pages
- Add option to calendar to chose no download delay
- Fixed bug with subcat selector in spots
- Fixed a bug in importing RSS feeds / groups settings
- Fixed bug deleting the image files of expired spots from the cache
- Fixed bug in editting extended set info
- Fixed bug not sending messages when download failed
- Fixed bug in showing total diskspace in stead of available diskspace
- Fixed bug in not setting the adult flag correctly on saving newsgroup settinsg
- Fixed a bug in handling nzb files with a single quote in it
- Fixed an problem displaying special characters in some statistics images
- Fixed bug in adding stats info about downloads from NZB files
- Fixed bug not restoring the proper status on URDD restart for some (paused) tasks
- Cleaned up error handling in web interface
- Added option to remove spots when a configurable limit of spam reports is received
- Correct spot timestamps that are in the future
If you have any trouble installing, using or otherwise, or have any suggestions for improvements, new features or want to contribute in any other way: don’t hesistate to post them on the URDland forum !
And don’t forgot to follow the @urdland twitter account !
Oh and in case it might have slipped your attention, we have a bright new website here at URDland.com as well.
That’s it folks. That just leaves me pondering whether the next version will be 1.10 or 2.0 😀